Sunday, August 22, 2010

30th AG Reception Bn, 5-12 Aug 2010

Drill Sergeants all over again?! I hope not. Yes, I did have two Drill Sergeants: Drills Sergeants Apel and Carney. But they actually treated us with respect. They treated us as prior service soldiers and put the NCOs in charge. I got to practice some Drill & Ceremony which I hadn't done since Advanced Individual Training. I needed it too. Drill Seegeant Apel gave the preparatory command, "Column Left," which means that all four ranks turn left on the command of "March." However, I confused the command with "File from the left, Column Left" which sends one squad to the left at a time. After the preparatory command, each squad leader besides the first yells, NStand Fast," until it is his turn to go left. So when the DS gave the command for tbhe entire element to turn left, I yelled at the top of my lungs, "Stand Fast."

The drill Sergeant looked at me in disbelief and I immediately realized what I had done. He yelled, "what are you doing Sgt Faull?!" I replied, "I have nol idea, Drill Sergeant." To which at this point, the Drill Sergeant Carney responded, "that's complete integrity, right there.~

Other than that, reception was pretty chill. We didn't have to wait in line at parade rest or attention like the Basic Training Privates did and we got to eat seperately from them too. We also got to watch tv at night and use personal electronics equipment, as well. We were all mature and did tbhe right thing so we were trwated with respect and got passes to go on post for supplies when we needed to.

16 of us were headed to OCS of the group of 35. In a week we got to be close. Four of us were LDS.

After 8 days, it was time for us to ship across post to HHC for OCS. We loaded up our vehicles and convoyed the 8 miles over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment