Wednesday, August 25, 2010

3/11 Inf Bn OCS HHC, Aug 12-15

So I was done in-processing I thought when I finished at 30th AG. Actually I spent a lot of time doing exactly that over this period of time. Signing into HHC until my class, Class 015-10, "classed up." More to come on this subject later, but for now, lights out is approaching.

I think I've filled out my emergency contact information thirty times since I've been at Ft. Benning. Every place I turn wants the same information over and over again. Oh well. I just wish they could coordinate systems. I was given a pass to go to the PX and spend some more money to get the things I needed. This time I was supposed to get 52 copies of my promotion to sergeant, my orders to Ft. Benning, my orders from 30th AG to HHC, and copies of my DD 214 (military record) and all documentation that can be used to update it. So far, I think I've spent about $900 on materials and packing list items.

On Sunday morning it was time to transfer across the sidewalk into Echo (E) Co. We lined our bags up, dress-right-dress, and sat outside in our PT uniforms for most of the day. I put on some sunscreen in the morning from my 72 hour kit in the back of my car. That was about all that happened that was even close to interesting. Really, it was about as boring as it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment